Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Coping With Stress...

This past week and looking into the coming weeks, things really seem to be piling up and my to-do list doesn't seem feasible as of yet.

Normally this would be incredibly frustrating. I won't lie and say that it isn't difficult and that I wouldn't rather have a day to curl up and watch movies in bed. But as the work load increases I have come to realize this-

The less I allow myself to feel upset and overwhelmed, the more productive I am and the more manageable my tasks become.
I have begun to look at the pile of obligations not as a "to-do list" but individually, one at a time.

Think about this, it is so much easier to get one thing done, than to try and juggle several and worry about accomplishing them all. So try this alternative solution,

Take just one thing from that "to-do list". Tackle that small thing and then match it with twenty minutes on your feet making a delicious snack OR better yet, a quick in-home yoga or cardio session. No sweat, right? That one thing was simple- and you're relaxed from getting a quick break and some blood flow to your brain.

Now try one more little thing from that "list". Soon there's no list left at all.



No comments:

Post a Comment